Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tech Support

My Ass.....

To elaborate a bit, I was trying to install a new program on the computer that I require for work. Well for some reason, everytime I tried to open the program it decided that it wanted a password. HELLO, I NEVER SET IT UP WITH A PASSWORD!!!!

So anyways, I decided to call Customer Support, what a mistake! After waiting 15 minutes or so on hold, might I add here with the worst funeral march music I ever heard in my damn life, I decided to chat with my friend "Lynx". Well, her and I were chatting away, while I had the phone pressed against my ear, where's handsfree when you need it?

Let me make this clear, this music could've made the Dalai Lama want to commit suicide, it was that bad!

Anyhow, back to my point, poor Lynx had to put up with my bitching and moaning for at least 90 minutes while I sat on hold listening to this crap. This waiting did absolutely nothing to improve my nasty temperment or my ever increasing migraine.. They finally answered the damn phone after I believe 97 minutes (my phone does have a timer thingy - but not handsfree).

The conversation went something like this:

"Idiot at Tech Support" - You have no working? I fix - no worry..

Oh this is going to be fuckin great I'm thinking to myself..

Me - Why is the software asking for a password, when I never had, nor do I want it passworded?

"IATS" - you no setup that way?

Me - ummm no! I never set it up that way.

"IATS" - one minute please.

Me - oh fuck here we go again, start funeral procession music again...

- still waiting

- still waiting

"IATS" - hello, you still there?

Me - oh yeah I'm still here, I have a vested interest now.

"IATS" - you reinstall (at least that's what I thought he said"

Me - I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice already to ensure that the setup is correct.

"IATS" - I fix no worry.

Me - well then tell me how to fix it already, I have had this phone to my ear for over an hour and a half now, and my migraine is now reaching debilitating levels. God help me, I'm going to kill someone...

Anyways, it finally got worked out I think after about 115 minutes on the phone, but my point is:

If you are hiring people to answer the phone in North America, do you not think it prudent to hire people who possibly speak some English?

How can you call it customer service/tech support etc. etc. if you make people wait that long. If you know your product is shit, at least hire enough English speaking operators to handle that "high volume of calls" that you are experiencing.

And finally, yes I would be more than happy to fill out your damn survey, so that I can tell you what a bunch of morons you are. Not that it would make a bit of difference, but I might feel just a little better.

0 arguments: